demon horns mascot x icon facebook icon youtube icon discord icon tumblr icon flickr icon reddit icon blogger icon cafepress icon
Alter Aeon logo
alteraeon.com 3000

The Adventures of Stormblade
The Origin

By Johnny Tai, (C) 2008



AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hello readers. I'll be the first to admit that this is rather a useless bit of text in the life of Pharel Stormblade. However, it is important for me to write this, for it explains much of how the man came to be what he is. You see, I first created the character of Pharel Stormblade on a browser based game called Strive for Power, along with his team of warriors named, The Blades of TORA. Alas, good time didn't last long, for on Strive, once a character die in battle, you lose the character for good. TORA, as this story indicates, was destroyed, and Pharel Stormblade was the last character left alive. So, in a fit of sore-losership (I know that's not an actual word), I took Pharel and left the game, and started playing Alter Aeon instead. The mumble jumble you see at the bottom of the story is the actual opening screen of AA, so ignore that if you like. I attached Pharel's description in the beginning of this story, just so you all got an idea what he looks like, since I don't believe there's a full description of him in any of the other stories.

Thanks for reading,
JST



THE ORIGIN OF PHAREL STORMBLADE



Pharel Stormblade, a long time warrior and mercenary. He is heavily scarred from years of fighting and killing. His body is fit and muscled, and his hands are quick and deadly. A long scar runs across his right cheek, the memory of a goblin's blade. His iceberg eyes tell tales of death and betrayal. His long jet black hair is done up in a long tail which rests upon his broad back. A golden medal hangs from his neck, the one thing he treasures greatly-the symbol of Tora. Ah, Tora, the group of adventure and fame seekers that came together under one banner, and they were his only friends. Now walking this land alone, he knows not what will come with the next minute.

---

* SOMEWHERE VERY DARK *

---

"Oof!" The warrior sat up violently and fumbled for his sword. "Where in the name of..." He cursed as his hand passed through the weapon as air would through objects. "Where... Where am I? What... Happened?" He shook his head in confusion.

"Bloody hell!" He gasped as he looked down at his hands - they were transparent! "If this is another of that damn wizard's spell..." He muttered darkly.

"Hail swordsman!" a loud voice boomed out of the darkness.

"Who goes there?"

"Harken to me, I am your creator!"

"Creator? But... I was... Where am I?"

"You drift between time, at the portal of creation. In another word, you are dead!"

"Dead?! Noooooo! Can't be!"

"But you are, as dead as yesterday's memory."

"But TORA, my friends, my people..."

"All perished in the last battle."

"Nooooooo!" The warrior buried his face in his hands, but no tear would come.

"Swordsmen do not cry!" The voice chided.

"What has happened of the world? My home? Southport? My family?"

"All gone..."

"Noooooo!" The warrior shook his head.

"Listen now and listen well, for I have spoken!" The voice continued without pause. "You of the warriors of TORA were supposed to be the mightiest team. You were the embodiment of perfection, you were children of God himself. And you, swordsman, were born with a part of God in you."

"But then, Tentalus died..." The swordsman said moodily.

"The elf died to saved those whom he believed he should. Yet by dying unexpectedly, he had left an opening in the otherwise perfect alliance. The alliance became disturbed and tis then that the last battle took place. Although you all gave it your best, the war was lost, and so was the Old World."

"Tis makes no sense! The evil would claim the world, but why would they destroy it?" The swordsman countered. "For they fought to control the world, not to ruin it..."

"Have I said that the evil destroyed the world?" The voice boomed, sounding amused. "God destroyed the world, not evil."

"What?! Why!" The man shouted in outrage.

"The perfect alliance was demolished, the world was lost to darkness..."

"So, God, being a sore loser, chose to destroy all?" The warrior asked angrily.

"Be careful as to what you say, swordsman, for God has given you a great gift!" The voice said.

"Gift?" The man laughed bitterly. "By destroying my family, my kingdom?"

"You, swordsman, have been given a new chance to live." The voice ignored the warrior's outrage. "For you were born with part of the God in you, you will rise and live again!"

"Live?!" The man jumped to his feet. "There isn't even a world left!"

"Wrong again." The voice continued. "The Old World is gone, but you are destined to be reborn in the new world, or, One of the new worlds... The world of Alter Aeon!"

"I refuse such foul gift. What may be my life in a strange world without a friend or home?" The man said.

"The choice is not of your desire! Just as you had no choice in fighting in that last battle! The life is going to take place soon, you are to be born into the world with no fighting skill, No experience, no gold, and no class or level of power! As all babes have been, you are to be born without your sword at your side and helm upon your head..."

"So I have no say in this." The man stated blankly.

"Nay, what so ever."

"What of my friends?"

"They, are no longer of your concern."

"Grant me one wish then, oh so mighty creator. Just one wish for the road."

"Speak, the God will grant you such wish."

"I want to keep my memory of all that has happened."

"Oh?" The voice sounded doubtful. "But why? Wouldn't that be painful?"

"It will be, it is painful." The man spat the words out.

"Then why torture yourself with useless past?"

"Because," the man whispered softly and gazed down at the sword he could no longer touch, "Because once I grow powerful, I am going to slay you for this."

A long pause followed.

"Muhahaha!" the voice broke out in booming laughter. "Very well! You shall have the memory! Carry the pain with you, suffer through life, and hate the one who has created you! Grow strong, and maybe then you can destroy the creator!!!"

A circle of light suddenly surrounded the warrior and he felt pain like he had never felt in his long combative past.

"Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When the light faded:

DentinMud v2.05 - alter aeon
            *          **          *
           * *          *          *
           *  *         *        ***
          *  **          *     **  ***
          ******         *         *          * * *      *  * *
         **    **         *        *        *    **       **   *
    ***  *      *         *        *        *  **          *
   * ** *       **  *     *        *         **     *       *
    ****          ***      **       ***       * * *       ***
                  ####          ######          ####      ##   #####
                 #  ###        #     ##       ###   #      ## ##    #
                       #       #  #####      ##      #      ###      #
                 ##### #       ####          #       #      ##       #
                #     ##       ##     #      #      ##      #        #
                # ##   #       ##    ##       #   ###       #       ##
                 ##### #        #######         ####      ###      ###

(enter 'new' to start a new character)
"Creator...
... I, will, destroy, you."


Copyright (C) 2023 DentinMud Internet Services - Contact Us